President Xi Jinping delivered a keynote speech via video link at the leaders' summit of the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP15).
Fifteen years ago, when Xi Jinping was secretary of the Communist Party of China Zhejiang Provincial Committee, he proposed the concept of "lucid waters and lush mountains are invaluable assets" during a visit to Yucun village in the province's Anji county.
Since the 18th National Congress of the CPC in 2012, Xi has made many instructions on matters related to the Yellow River.
The top legislature on Friday held a joint inquiry into a report on the enforcement of the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste.
Li Zhanshu, chairman of the National People's Congress (NPC) Standing Committee, has stressed efforts to promote the effective implementation of the law on soil pollution prevention and control in all areas.
- Top legislature holds joint inquiry into solid waste prevention report
- Top legislator stresses implementation of soil pollution prevention law
- Green Endeavors -- Legislators have been working on ecological protection in various areas
- Running Lifelines -- China steps up basin legislation of major rivers
- For one goal -- Regional efforts on ecological legislation yield fruits
- The Guardians of the Planet